Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing best in class products to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aries Group, Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, N.V.
Aries first approved product, Eleview, is an injectable composition intended for use in gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. In addition, the company has a robust pipeline of three late-stage gastrointestinal focused products. Aries is building the infrastructure in San Diego, CA to commercialize these products starting with the launch of Eleview which recently took place in early May.
The Director of Marketing will be a key member of the Marketing department, and overall company leadership team, charged to shape commercialization strategy for Aries’ planned 2018 US launch of our first pharmaceutical product within the colorectal cancer market (proprietary Methylene Blue MMX® for detection of pre-cancerous and cancerous lesions and polyps throughout the colon).
This individual will lead the planning, development and execution of key strategic and tactical activities related to creating, launching, and managing a comprehensive multi-channel promotional platform targeting HCP, patients and potential other key customers (e.g. payers). Key activities will focus on communicating a compelling brand story, development of advertising campaigns, creating collateral materials, equipping the sales team, identifying non-personal promotion initiatives, and creating a strong brand presence at medical conferences.
Location: San Diego, CA
- Lead, develop and manage brand strategies and tactical execution of diverse marketing initiatives. Communicate brand strategies and performance regularly to senior management.
- Develop and implement the product launch plan, including pre-launch readiness activities that engage potential customers and help to accelerate launch adoption potential.
- Develop brand identity by defining product positioning, messaging, and creative campaign. Convert brand development activity into promotional communication campaigns, programs and materials.
- Collaborate with other Marketing department brand leaders for current on-market and pipeline products for effective and seamless engagement with key internal and external customers.
- Liaise with other internal departments, including Sales, Sales Training, Market Access, R&D, Finance, Legal, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Compliance, and IS personnel to achieve brand goals and objectives.
- Hire direct report(s) and provide guidance and mentoring for responsibilities and performance.
- Interpret and translate scientific, clinical, competitive, customer need and market trend data into Marketing applications.
- Drive processes, measurement, and analytics supporting annual business and brand planning.
- Engage with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) to ensure creation and seamless roll out of high impact, high value marketing strategy and associated tools.
- Collaborate with Sales Training to ensure effective, impactful, world class training on promotional tools and programs.
- Identify and manage advertising and promotion budgets; developing and monitoring relevant metrics to ensure program success.
- Coordinate the work of external ad agencies and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position generally requires 8-10 years of pharmaceutical product marketing experience. Relevant industry experience in other roles (such as Sales leadership, Market Research, Advertising Agency, etc.) and/or healthcare segments may allow for flexibility in required years of Marketing experience.
- Product launch experience desired.
- Experience in digital marketing as well as direct-to-patient activities strongly desired.
- Experience in Gastroenterology and/or Oncology Therapeutic Area a strong plus.
- Proven product strategy, tactical planning and execution skills.
- Ability to inform needed market research and market analytics.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Able to function independently.
- Manager/Sr. Manager, Marketing