Medical Science Liaison – Southern California
Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing best in class products to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Aries Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aries Group, Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, N.V.
Aries first approved product, Eleview, is an injectable composition intended for use in gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. In addition, the company has a robust pipeline of three late-stage gastrointestinal focused products. Aries is building the infrastructure in San Diego, CA to commercialize these products starting with the launch of Eleview which recently took place in early May.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based member of Medical/Scientific Affairs. The MSLs will interact often with Aries Medical Affairs, the clinical team, and Scientific Affairs in support of current and future products. The MSLs will also provide clinical support when needed across other company departments. In addition, the MSLs are a medical information resource for health care providers across the country. The MSL team will act as a liaison between Aries and clinical trial sites, be a clinical resource for Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other health care providers, collect feedback from KOLs, and utilize in-depth knowledge of Aries products to fulfill a variety of medical information needs.
Location: Southern California
- Identify and meet with KOLs in order to establish and maintain long-term collaborative relationships to provide medical information for Aries products. The MSL will also act as a liaison between the KOL and the company.
- While working with KOLs and other HCPs, identify key clinical issues and other points of interest and communicate internally.
- Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and company research opportunities.
- Support managed markets as needed. This includes clinical presentations, answering medical information questions, and additional follow up by request.
- Serve as primary medical affairs contact with key academic centers and other community-based centers of excellence.
- Act as the liaison between Aries and investigators for all investigator initiated trials from submission through publication.
- Conduct Medical/Scientific Affairs initiatives at a territory level in alignment with company strategies and tactics.
- Support healthcare provider requests for medical information. MSL to follow up with HCPs when in-person follow up is requested.
- Provide product presentations through a company sponsored speaker’s bureau or clinical presentations by request of a HCP.
- Assist with training of speaker’s bureau during training meetings and one-on-one speaker training as needed.
- Attend and support company activities at national and regional medical meetings.
- Assist with sales training for new hires and regional and national company meetings.
- Participate and help facilitate regional and national medical advisory boards.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in all current and future products of Aries Pharmaceuticals.
- MD, PhD, PharmD, or MS strongly preferred. 3 – 5 years of clinical and/or industry experience required.
- Clinical and/or industry experience in the field of gastroenterology strongly preferred.
- Clinical and/or industry experience with pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and medical devices preferred.
- Clinical and/or industry experience with managed markets and understanding of relevant regulations preferred.
- Candidate must have good one-on-one communication and group presentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, within groups, and across departments in a collegial manner.
- A high degree of personal initiative, problem solving skills, and a high professional standard for all interactions is required.
- Travel may range between 60% and 80%, rarely exceeding 80%.